Sunday 24 February 2008

2 Dishwashers full & 2 sink full of pots!

I wanted to post some pictures but my computer is not down loading pictures So here goes!

I have managed to knit 8 rows, I have to say they are not great but I have had such a laugh with my Mum doing them!

I went to my Nephew 1st birthday this weekend, it was really great! My Nephew has a strange Kromosone (?) disorder and also a muscle disorderThey have been really lucky though as he was diagnosed before Christmas and his Mum has been battling with many departments within the NHS to get him some treatment. But they did end up going out to Washington (USA) to get some more support from a leading doctor in the field and also to get a Testosterone injection. In spite of all his problems he is the most gorgeous little boy and I think he had a good birthday (he did sleep for 3 hours).

I then decided after spending some time at the 30 minute gym to nip to Asda and buy a big Chicken to do a Sunday roast. I invited my Sister and bloke, and then asked my Mum & Dad and then my Brother and his girlfriend. They were all amazed by the invite they just had to come they felt is was a Royal invitation as I am renowned for my Marks & Spencers style of cooking.

They all turned up at 5.30, and left at 9.o.clock full to busting with good food and lots of wine & beer. It was a really good meal if I do say so myself. All my family were very shocked by my cooking ability Cheeky!!! The other good thing with entertaining is that I get to use my best dining set that I got as a wedding present from my Family. The bad thing so is that I have to do all the washing up as the hostess.

My Mum did bath the little dear and read her a story, but she is still awake!

12 comments:

mollycupcakes said...

Aww what a lovely Sunday lunch, good food, family and wine lol
Your cooking sounds yummy, I love a good chicken roast.

Look forward to seeing the photos of the knitting when your computer is behaving it's self.

Enjoy the week. Half term is over so it's just me and the little ones until the weekend, when big sister is back.

Hugs.

Catherine x

Louise said...

Glad to hear your little nephew had a nice birthday, it is a worry for his parents, especially when there is no support when you need it. I like having the family around to us but the washing up is the worse part, I always get such a backache standing over my sink for any length of time, we haven't progressed to a dishwasher yet! x

~~♥ Mamma Millan ♥~~ said...

Hello, Sweden here!! What a lovely blogg you have...so svit!!So nice things!

Thanks for the visit!!

God Evning Millan

picciolo said...

your weekend sounds good, especially the roast dinner! Hope you have finished the washing up now...
: )

pink-petal-designs said...

sound like you had a fun time !
Sarah x

Jennie said...

The dinner sounds lovely. Well done for going to the gym then making dinner and then washing up! You must have been shattered by the end of the day.
It is such a nightmare that your Nephew had to go to the USA to get help instead of getting it here.

periwinkle said...

Thanks for the get well wishes for Baby G--the same back to your nephew. Fat Quarters is amazing, there is just nothing like that close to where I live and sometimes I just like to go see things before I buy other stuff over the web -if you know what I mean? I love a good roast chicken dinner,yum

gayle said...

Hi vanessa! Sometimes it's the spontaneous evenings that are the best. Glad you excelled in the kitchen, it's a lovely feeling. Top tip, buy foil trays and dispose of them when you are finished! Not very eco friendly although my husband did point out it saves on detergent and heating water to wash them. Fair point!

Ragged Roses said...

It sounds like a good day, I love Sunday lunch with friends. Happy Birthday to your nephew, glad he enjoyed himself.
Kimx

Faye 'Country Chic' said...

That sounded like a great family day in.

I'm planning to spend the day in the garden on Sunday, fingers crossed that it warms up a little, I just hate being cold. Its the horrid monthly shop on Saturday.
xFaye

Summer by the sea said...

Hi Vanessa, Thanks for popping by my blog - You will have to call into my shop (Georgia Bo's) - Its a curtain/fabric shop next time you are in Filey, I have lived here for about a year, I am originally from Sheffield. I love your little aprons - I think I will treat myself and my daughter to one, they are so sweet - Natalie x

No one is you ...& that's your power said...

I bet your nephew had a lovely birthday , and your sunday lunch sounded like a busy one too .
yes washing up mm, not my favourite either !