Tuesday 2 September 2008

Birthday Girl & Back to school, Yipee!

It was little dear's birthday yesterday she was 4! When asked what she would like to do her birthday she asked if she could go horse riding like on the beach at Filey! We booked her in at a local riding school for a private lesson, £18.50 for 1/2 hour. I have to say she loved it and she did as she was told which is very unusual. She loved it that much we booked her in for another lesson and have put her on the waiting list for group lessons which thank god are a little cheaper.


She had lots of nice things, clothes, books, bags, toys and money towards riding stuff if she likes it in another month or so.
School beckons tomorrow, I know reading around blogland that all of you are sad that the holidays are over, but I am relived they are over. I can now start focusing on getting things ready for upcoming fairs particularly the number around Christmas time. Talking of fairs I did one over the weekend near Nottingham, I have to say that it was not all that I was hoping for, very quiet and wet. To be honest I think the clientele was wrong for my stuff (that's not suppose to sound snobbish).
Will catch up soon
Vanessa x


6 comments:

Pixiedust said...

Glad your little one had a nice birthday and enjoyed the horse riding. I think fairs in general are quiet at the moment, people don't have the money and are just looking. I'm off to Kensington Bear fair on the 14th, not holding much hope though. xx

tea and cake said...

Little dear looks right on that pony! So glad she enjoyed it. My NBG goes once a fortnight as that's as much as we can afford at £17.50 for the group lesson, and she just loves it. Hurrah for schools, eh?!

Swirlyarts said...

I'm with you on the back to school thing - well starting school anyway! Pity I've still got a 2 year old at home to stop me making things for Christmas fairs!

Pixiedust said...

Hi Vanessa, I've left something for you over on my blog. xxx

periwinkle said...

happy birthday greetings to your little one , she looks so cute on that pony.

Petticoat Lane said...

You've just given me a GREAT idea for my daughters 4th birthday this weekend...That's why I love blogging!!
Glad she had a great time. Sorry the fair didn't go too well for you and no you didn't sound snobbish at all, just honest!
Jane. xx