Monday 29 September 2008

Faith is restored!

After my recent run of bad luck with Craft fairs I have to say my faith has been restored this weekend with a great fair. It was great for many reasons, this obvious one been that people actually bought my stuff, but they bought a wide variety of my stock and people were so nice. I have subsequently had a few enquires and really feel I may get some more orders from it.

The show itself was Southwell Ploughing Match and to be honest it was more like a County show there was so much going on and it was well organised and very well attended. So I will be doing it again next year.

I also want to say a big thank you to you guys your comments on my last post were great. I am going to the CL fair in November to have a nosey at what to expect and then I will make the decision in the New Year. I may need the help again from you lot for advice from some of you who have done the fair before, but also I might need some of your wares to sell when I am there as the general impression I got from your comments were that I needed lots of stock.

Anyway I have lots to do as I have run low on a lot of stock but luckily I have no fairs until November. I also have lots of swaps to do, me been foolish thought it would be a great pick me up and now I am scratching my head and pulling my hair out!

So hello to my swap partners out there, Lucy from Lucy Locket, Natalie from Roseberry Crafts & Lisa from Bon Souvenir over in the States.

Sorry there are no photo's having problems down loading them at the moment!

11 comments:

saraeden said...

Glad you had a busy day !!
Dont forget to join in the belles swap ;0)

S x

Unknown said...

that's great news. Well done!!!

Jude said...

I'm so pleased for you, you deserve it after all the work you did. Good luck in Nov.

Sal said...

I'm so pleased that you did well!
I'm doing my first ever fair in Nov..and worrying already!!;-)

Locket Pocket said...

Howdy Pardner! Brilliant news about the fair - they can be so difficult and depressing and then one comes along that is fab! I may need some ideas of what to make you for the christmas swap - my mind is a blank at the moment!!!!

Lucy x

Summer by the sea said...

So pleased you had a good craft fayre experience! - Natalie x

picciolo said...

hooray! I'm so glad you had a good day!
: )

Bagladee said...

Hi Cant believe you live so close to me I live in Hucknall, Nottingham. :)

mollycupcakes said...

I'm so happy for you swetie that you've done really well at this last fair. I hope it's a sign that things are on the up. With Christmas round the corner I'm sure people will be chomping at the bit for your gorgeous stuff.
Good luck with the one Nov.
Oh I'd love to give you some of my stock for the CL fair next. I've sold my items there before and they've sold out yeay! It's a fabulous show to do but sadly having one so little I'm in way ready to do it myself, but if can help you with anything please just email honey.
You're one of my very first followers in blog land, so an old friend to me on here.
Many hugs,
Catherine x

periwinkle said...

I'm glad your faith has been restored - good luck with your swaps
Lisa x

Petticoat Lane said...

That's great news that your last fayre was such a success, you really do deserve it for your perseverance after a few bad ones.
Keep up the good work.
Jane. x