Saturday 18 October 2008

Jamie Olivers Food Movement! Pass it on!

What with the town of Rotherham being only 10 miles from where I live I been amazed by the antics that Jamie Oliver has been up to. Love him or hate him you have got to give him credit for his goo intentions and effort and passion that goes into every thing he does. So with this in mind my Mum went out and bought his book, Jamies Ministry of Food (£9.79 @ Tesco's). I pinched it the other day and had a look through and I have to say for a lass that hates cooking but loves baking there are a fair few recipes that I am going to try. They are pretty simple, no faffy ingredients and I have to say after today's efforts they taste 'Bloody Lovely'. So in Jamie's words 'Pass it on', so here goes.

Smoked Mackerel Pate

4 Smoked Mackerel Fillets taken off the skin and mashed
4 Finely chopped Spring Onions
1/2 the rind of a Lemon
1/2 the juice of a Lemon
1 small container of Philidelphia
2 tablespoons of Horseradish
Black Pepper

Basically just mush it all up together and serve on warm ciabatta or crusty bread.

It tastes really great even little dear loved it, a great weekend lunch recipe!

I then made some Pork Kebabs with a sage, onion and lemon dressing again easy to make and lush to taste!

After all the cooking in the house today I went into my work room with little dear in tow and started to get inspired by the Christmas bug! I had a play around with my button stash and made some little brooches and then had a go at making a little fat robin!

With regards to the to do list not a one thing done! Oh well there's always tomorrow.
One more post until the biggest giveaway on blogland this year, only joking! but please come back.

16 comments:

Bagladee said...

Great blog and great recipe I'm off to get Jamie's book tomorrow, thanks :) x

Josie-Mary said...

Funny you should mention Jamie, I've had a idea about pass it on which I was going to write about tonight. I'm rubbish at cooking & really don't like it so I need all the help I can get!! Like the recipe, think I'll give that a go :) x

Unknown said...

I really need to pass on some skills in the kitchen to my useless husband and 9 yr old. My mum taught me - by the time I was in high school I was cooking dinner once a week for when my mum got home from work. His book is on my wish list - simple non faffy recipes are always the best ones.

That pate looks gorgeous - I'd gobble that all up (if I wasn't allergic to dairy - boo hiss)

periwinkle said...

I like Jamie, he always makes cooking look so easy. Cute robin
Lisa x

Pixiedust said...

Hi Ya, you know you may have started something there. A pass it on online recipe. I think everyone who reads your post should put a recipe on their blog. I'll have a think and do one later. Love Jamie by the way. xxx

picciolo said...

the pork kebabs sound yummy! Will have to have a look at the book
: )

Lace hearts said...

I've been looking through your blog for the first time, and I'm amazed by how efficient you are - how on earth do you get all this done. How fantastic! I must go and write some lists and organize myself a bit better. I love all the things you are making.
I think the Pass it On is a good thing - it is shocking to realize there's lots of peeps who really can't cook, isn't it. I like the sound of the recipe.

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

that looked yummy i really must buy that book ! love the robin :-)
Lesley x

ginny said...

great idea this Vanessa. I have been watching Jamie and enjoying the programme. Not sure if i have any good recipes to share but Check out the homely year's blog as they have lots... i think our blog community is perfect for sharing recipes and i have recently made the homely years lemon cake and attic 24's carrot cake...it's not just cakes i eat ... honest!
ginny xx

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

yummy, sounds like a good day:-)

Miss sew n sew said...

Been enjoying Jamie's programme too I enjoy cooking but not with two nagging children round my ankles so any recipe that is simple and quick gets the thumbs up with me!
Cute robin!
Sarahx

Josie-Mary said...

Hello. just to let you know I made this pate yesterday - it was really easy & lovely, better then shop brought. Thanks for passing it on :) xx

Petticoat Lane said...

Love the robin, it's great, glad you're managing to get so much done on your 'to do list'. I love Jamie Oliver, he's just opened a 'Jamies Italian' in Bath but everytime I sneek by to take a look the queue is out the door and it's crammed inside, obviously good.
Glad to see I'm not the only one with a daughter that snores louder than her father!!
Jane. x

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I wish I could taste it!
It sure looks good!
Kisses
Debbie Moss

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

mmmmmmm that sound delicious, I will make some of that.
Are you from Keswick then? Its lovely, the water was too high for us as well that weekend, it was funny watching all the couples going out on row boats and the girls giving advice on how to row to their poor partners!!!!

picciolo said...

hi, I am going to put a link to the recipe onto my blog, sorry I hadn't done it before, its just that I'm not a mackeral pate fan
: )